12/23/2006

I know I haven't posted very much here

That's because (as usual) I don't have a lot of time to spend online, and what time I do have, I'd rather spend in more cheerful ways than bitching about my life here. It's depressing enough to live it; lately bitching just means that I'm dwelling on it, which just brings me down more.

For example, here are a few highlights of my holiday season:
  • Last Friday, I took Honey to see her pain doctor, and we both saw our GP.
    • $200 for co-pays
    • $300 for various medications
    • $20 for gas for the friend who met us at the BART station and took us to the GP's office (so I didn't have to push Honey's wheelchair that mile), and then home again
    • $35 for a new TV antenna (the old one had died)
    • $50 for essential groceries
  • The effect of the above is (among other things) that I've had to cancel the two-night hotel stay I'd planned for next week - the first chance I've had in nearly three years to take a couple of days completely off duty and let other people take care of me for a little while.
  • This coming Tuesday, I have my annual review, so I figured I'd at least take the afternoon to be out of the house for a little bit, at least.
  • Today, I had to take one of the cats to the vet. There went what little money I had, for gas money to the same friend, and a roll of cheap screening to fix one of the windows so we can ventilate the place a little better. So much for my afternoon off. I have enough for the fare to go to my review, and go to the bank later in the week to get the rent check cut (which will take all of my upcoming paycheck, plus advances from two different sources.)
  • So we're going to be broke for the next three weeks, at least, and then it's time to do it again for the next month's rent. sigh
  • We're having grilled cheese sandwiches for Christmas dinner, and probably for at least the next week.
  • The guy upstairs has his stereo cranked way up. The good news is that it's some really good blues; the bad news is that listening to the blues is definitely not cheering me up.
So how are your holidays?

No comments: