4/21/2007

Doctor joy

Finally, I think that Honey and I have found another doctor who's as good for us as Dr. Steve. Yesterday, we spent all afternoon with Dr. B, who's qualified both in Neurology and Psychiatry. He listens! And he tells all about our conditions and the medications, including side effects and how well they play together.

So, he's going to be taking over Honey's pain management and mental health treatment for both of us (it turns out that instead of being just depressed, we have bipolar depression). He's also figured out that my tremors are probably being exacerbated by the combination of meds I've been on, so we're changing those. This is great news, considering that I stayed home most of this past week because the tremors had shifted to spasms on a seizure-like scale. I started one of the new meds last night, and got the first decent night's sleep I've had in what seems like ages!

No comments: