3/23/2009

"Doctor, My Eyes", part 2

Well, since it's an outpatient procedure, the insurance will cover 90% of the amount over the $300 deductible. Ouch. Well, I spent 3 times that on the cats' health in January, so it's more than reasonable that I spend this on my own health. Usually Honey's the expensive one for health care. (femme that she is, when she said she was high-maintenance, I always thought it would be clothes. sheesh!)

Anyway, next Tuesday morning, I have the pre-op appointment with the ophthamologist to see whether "the lens is ready to come out", whatever that means. Then in the afternoon, I have an appointment with my primary doctor, so that he can assert that I'm healthy enough to undergo cataract surgery. I think I'll be able to schedule the surgery once we've done that.
Now I have a week of waiting, before then next stage of the process. I hate waiting. I'm nervous, but I know that worrying won't help at all.

No comments: