2/24/2007

Life goes on...

Okay, so we're all moved - at least, we got everything we wanted out of the old place; some of it's in the house, some of it's in the backyard, and some of it's in storage, so there's still a lot of sorting and organizing to do - but progress is happening.

On Monday, our friend Dee's latest ex gave her the boot. Now Dee's like a sister to us, so of course we took her in. So now we have a roommate and a dog - the first dog our cats have ever met; I don't think the know what she is. Joey thinks she's some kind of really big cat who talks funny, but he's let her know that he's the boss around her, and she accepts it. The other cats are slowly getting used to her, though they're not getting too close just yet.

Meanwhile, Dee is helping us out here. Not only is she pitching in for the rent, she's helping us get this place organized. The corner of the living room that was going to be my studio is now her bedroom area, but she helped get furniture arranged so that the other corner is my office, so that's okay. I just need to move the modem and router hooked up over there (right now they're on the coffee table), and unpack and organize the other key elements elements of office-ness.

I'll get onto that later today, because I'm looking forward to using my computer (a laptop, thank goodness) on a desk again. But right now, I'm just kicking back. It's my birthday, and Dee's was on Monday (what a time for her to have the day from Hell!), so later on I'll bake us a cake, and then Dee's gonna spring for pizza for dinner.

I'm so tired, though. I've been working 11-hour days, to make enough do get off the dreaded payday advance treadmill and work things out with the landlord. Fortunately, he's been willing to work with us to get things on track.

No comments: