3/10/2007

Saturday Morning

One of the things that I really love about our new home is Saturday mornings.

To clarify, allow me to describe my morning so far:

I slept in until 8am (which when you get up at 4:30 during the week, is quite late indeed). Honey had made coffee, so all I had to do was go fetch it from the kitchen and bring in the morning paper from the front stoop. Then I brought both paper and coffee back to bed, where I sat for an hour or so with Honey, drinking coffee, reading the paper and watching cartoons.

When I was done with the paper, I made my side of the bed, got dressed, and came out to the corner of the living room that serves as my office, opening doors and windows on the way. The weather is so beautiful today: sunny and mild with just enough breeze to keep the air fresh. I turned on my computer, and poured another cup of coffee while I started checking email.

I thought about turning on the TV to watch the crafty shows that the DVR had recorded during the week. But I realized that the neighborhood is quiet this morning, and I like it. I have birds singing on three sides, and somewhere a woodpecker is at work on a tree. Honey is still in bed, alternating between watching cartoons and sleeping to them.

Although there are things that I should do today - dishes, the household books, and sometime today I have to walk up to the store (I love that I can walk to the store here!) - there is nothing that absolutely requires my attention right now. So I've been able to use this morning as a little vacation, if you will. Taking time for myself, doing nothing more important than check my mail and read other people's blogs.

I love it here!

No comments: