7/02/2007

Mother-Daughter Bonding

I love my daughter; I always have, although the whole mother-child thing was hard for us. Well, mainly it was hard for me. I've never really been the "mommy" type, but I did my best to give her the tools she'd need to function in the world, and I do seem to have done so.

Now that she's 21 (as of about a month ago) and officially an adult, we're free to just be the friends we've always been, and we like it that way. Instead of me telling her what to do, we can ask and offer advice of each other, and enjoy our common interests. This past Friday, we went to a local pub, for what we thought would be drinks and bar food. It's the first time I've been to this particular place, even though it's only a block away, but it won't be the last. It turns out to be a pretty good German restaurant, which carries imported German and Czech beers. So, it wasn't the outing we were expecting to have, but it was a nice dinner, and we had a good time. We'll do drinks and bar food some other time.

No comments: