3/04/2005

Not Enough Money

Those who know me may think I'm referring to my usual financial state, which is to say, chronically underfunded. And while that condition led to the inspiration for this post, that's not what this post is about.

No, the full title of this post is (or should be:)


There does not exist enough money in the world to induce me to work in a customer service call center.

Nope. Not nearly. Not even close.

I don't have anything like the patience necessary to carry on a conversation calmly with an upset customer. I've been practicing patience for years, but I'm not that good at it. I don't know if I ever will be.

So, I have to give a great deal of credit to the young man at PG&E who took my call this afternoon. He was patient and polite, and tried to be reasonable with someone who was not feeling at all reasonable. I can't tell you his name, not only out of respect for his privacy, but also (mainly) because when he told it to me it slid right out the other ear. Sorry about that, but I was too busy being unhappy/frustrated/angry about the situation that prompted the call to register such details.

(I was going to post about the situation itself, but I'll just leave it at this: I'm on my way to a payment center to make a duplicate payment to the one I made online yesterday, just in case the latter doesn't get posted in time to keep them from shutting off the power. Does that suck, or what? The upside is that there will then be a credit balance on the account, so they won't pester me again for a little while.)


No comments: